The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
The Website & Service
This website, the service and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their experience.
Do you have questions?
JobSync is a built with a Security first methodology. That includes protecting your privacy. If you have any questions, please reach out to us at [email protected]jobsync.io or write to us by mail at this address:
5501 Merchants View Sq
Harmarket, VA 20169
Information We Collect and why We Collect it
We collect information, including Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”), on Our Sites and through Our Services, during the registration process and through Your use of Our Sites and Services that We believe will allow Us to better and more efficiently serve You in your career and job search. This information is not sold to third parties and is used solely for the purpose intended. For example, if you provide an email address with a job application, we will only communicate with you through that email for the explicit purpose of completing an application and applying for that specific job. We are a service provider for employers and do not sell your data to third parties.
Information We ask You to provide.
We may ask You to provide PII or allow JobSync and/or its Providers to identify or contact You. We may request this information when we ask or require You to register to use the Service. For example, We may request PII from You when You create an account, download an application or content through Our Sites, upload content (e.g., CVs, Resumes, Reviews, Photos, Videos, or other content) to Our Sites, subscribe to e-mail newsletters or other content made available, or report a problem with Your account or the Sites. As a registered subscriber or user, You may be able to download software, enter contests or sweepstakes, order e-mail newsletters or participate in additional services or other promotions. Further, the information you provide may be used by Employers and/or Advertisers to provide matching and relevant content and/or offers to you related to your career and job search.
Information your Device provides.
Information Your device provides passively about the device, the network it is on and the device’s location. Your use of Our Sites may result in the assignment of unique identifiers (IDs). Some of these IDs are generated by Your device and some of these are provided to Your device by Us or our Providers. These may be in the form or numbers or combinations of letters, numbers and other characters or other codes. These may be used to allow Us and Our Providers and others who assist Us in the support of Our Sites to know Your device’s location, web browsing movements or information about the environment near the device.
When you use Our Sites, your device may send us some or all of the following:
- GPS Coordinates. The GPS coordinates of a device. On many devices, enabling or disabling “Location Services” or a similar setting controls whether the device sends GPS coordinates.
- Internet Protocol (IP) Address. An IP Address is a number automatically assigned by Your Internet Service Provider (ISP). The IP address is the host computer a device uses to connect to the ISP’s network to send information to Us or to our Providers and for a device to receive information back from Us or from our Providers.
- Device ID. A Device ID is a combination of letters and numbers that is unique to the device You are using. The Device ID identifies the device, regardless of who is using the device. On many devices, the Device ID is provided by the device manufacturer and stored permanently in the memory of the device. Depending on how the manufacturer configured the device, You may not be able to change it.
- Advertising ID (AAID) or ID for Advertising (IDFA). These are combinations of letters and numbers that are unique to the device You are using. However, these identifiers may not be permanent. Depending on Your device, You may be able to reset them through the settings of Your device or Your browser.
- Information about other devices that are near Your device. Your device commonly has several types of wireless communications methods, and each is enabled or disabled separately by You. If You are using a wireless or cellular connection, the device may log and transmit when it has come in contact or connected to other devices or components of the network the device is using. These include things such as:
- When You enable WiFi, a service set identifier (SSID) of a WiFi access point near the device
- When You enable a cellular connection, a cell tower near the device
- When You enable Bluetooth, a Bluetooth beacon near the device
- Information from sensors on Your device. Many mobile devices include sensors that measure information about the surroundings of the device. These include things like gyroscopes, accelerometers and altimeters that measure things like rotation, speed direction and altitude. Some wearable devices also include sensors for body conditions like pulse and body temperature.
- Information about the performance of Your device. This may include information such as how much battery power the device is using, the operating system and version the device is using and the version of Our application the device is using.
- Pixel Tags, Web Beacons, Flash Shared Objects/HTML5 Local Storage/HTML5 Mini Databases. Many mobile devices use these technologies which allow for the storage of information on the mobile devices and, in effect, allow the enhancement of internet browsing The Flash Shared Objects, HTML5 Local Storage and HTML5 Mini Databases also allow the device to track a user’s web browsing movements across the internet and not just on one particular website. You can learn more about how we use these technologies here.
If you turn off “Location Services” or a similar setting that controls GPS functionality, the device still may automatically send or receive this other information as long as you have these other communications types enabled. You should read the instructions related to Your device, operating system or browser to learn about how to control the information Your device may transmit.
We do not respond to web browser Do Not Track signals at this time.
Contact & Communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material.
Information about You that You choose to share through Social Media.
This website operates an email newsletter program, used to inform subscribers about products and services supplied by this website. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user.
Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies / people outside of the company that operates this website. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you may request a copy of personal information held about you by this website’s email newsletter program. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the business address at the bottom of this policy.
Email marketing campaigns published by this website or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity [this is by no means a comprehensive list].
This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
In compliance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated un-subscription system is unavailable clear instructions on how to un-subscribe will by detailed instead.
Your Right to be Forgotten
In addition to being able to unsubscribe, you may have all information about you removed from our service by filling out this form here.
Adverts and Sponsored Links
This website may contain sponsored links and adverts. These will typically be served through our advertising partners, to whom may have detailed privacy policies relating directly to the adverts they serve.
HOW DO WE SHARE THE INFORMATION?
We may disclose information to Our affiliated companies.
We also may disclose information to unaffiliated third-party Providers. We deliver valuable information to You on Our Sites free of charge or at low rates. We can accomplish this by working with Providers. You can find a list of these Providers here. We update this list from time to time, so You should review it from time to time. You also should visit the sites of these Providers and review their privacy terms and disclosures.
These unaffiliated third-party Providers may:
- Provide services to Us needed to operate Our Sites, such as website hosting and moderating, mobile application hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, e-mail and direct mail delivery services, credit card processing, auditing services and other services. We need to provide certain information in order to enable them to provide those services to Us. For example, We may use Providers to administer the process for You to make submissions of videos to JobSync Sites and/or to host or store such submissions for Us.
- Serve advertisements when You visit JobSync Sites. Providers may use information about Your visits to JobSync Sites and other web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services they believe may be of interest to You. JobSync Sites may be designed to utilize Online Behavioral Advertising (OBA). This means that certain information regarding Your internet viewing behaviors or practices, over periods of time and perhaps involving websites or applications which are not JobSync Sites, may be used for the purpose of choosing advertising to display to You.
If You would like more information about this practice and to know Your choices about not having this information used by these companies, see:
- Use the information to offer promotions to you for other products and services. For example, many wireless products may be made available through cooperative arrangements with Providers who offer specialized products, information or services that We believe work well with Our Sites.
- Use the information in combination with other information. Providers may have obtained other information directly from You or from other sources that are not related to Us and not related to Your use of JobSync Sites. We enter into agreements with these Providers that provide, among other things, that they keep PII they receive from Us confidential, that they only use it for specific purposes, that they provide access to it and that when they receive a valid request to delete it, they delete it within a reasonable period of time.
We also may disclose PII we collect if We think it is necessary under applicable law. This may include laws outside your country of residence. We may need to do this:
- to comply with legal process
- to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence
- to protect Our rights, privacy, safety, or property or Yours
- to complete a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of Our business, assets, or stock
You may opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising or customize Google Display Network advertising by using the Google Ads Settings page. You may also prevent Your data from being collected and used by Google Analytics by opting out through the use of the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
If JobSync Sites make use of the Google Analytics for Display Advertising Remarketing feature, JobSync will use such Remarketing feature to advertise online and third-party vendors, including Google, may show JobSync ads on sites across the Internet.
JobSync and third-party vendors, including Google, may use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to: (a) inform, optimize and serve ads based on a user’s past visits to JobSync Sites or (b) report how Your ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to JobSync Sites.
Data from Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting may be utilized by JobSync to help recognize and understand user preferences, to make improvements to JobSync Sites, to choose content and advertising to display to You, and for other business purposes that will allow JobSync to better serve You.
WHERE IS THE INFORMATION STORED?
JobSync Sites are controlled and operated from within the United States. PII may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or Providers. When You consent to use JobSync Sites, You are consenting to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including to the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in Your country.
HOW LONG IS THE INFORMATION STORED?
We retain PII for as long as You have a registered account with Us or as long as needed to provide You services on Our Sites. If You request that We delete or restrict certain PII about You controlled by Us, We will comply with your request, but We may retain and use the PII for a period of time. For example, We may use the records to follow-up on a request, resolve a dispute or as needed to comply with applicable law. In addition, some PII may be stored on back-up files for financial, legal, or technical reasons.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS AND CONTROL YOUR INFORMATION?
Controlling Information Your Device Sends to Us. Most devices and web browsers offer privacy settings and options where you can control the information that Your device sends. Changing these settings will not prevent you from seeing advertisements and offers, but those advertisements and offers may not be tailored to your interests and needs. You may disable cookies, reset your IDFA or AAID, turn off location-based (GPS) services, or select “Do Not Track” features. We do not override these settings or options. We encourage you to use them to enhance your choices and personalize your experiences. However, in order to access certain content, features, services, products, or benefits of JobSync Sites, you may be required to provide Us certain information. If you do not wish to provide that information, or if you utilize these privacy features, you may be unable to obtain some or all of the content, features, services, products, or benefits.
Online Behavioral Advertising (OBA). If You desire to opt-out of OBA described above in the section “How Do We Share Your Information?”, You should visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices for web-based advertising), and http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices for mobile advertising. This hyperlink and process is the recommended tool for the Digital Advertising Alliance Self-Regulatory Principles of Online Behavioral Advertising, to which We endeavors to adhere, as a member of the Interactive Advertising Bureau.
Accessing and updating Your online account information. If You have a subscription or account with Us where You voluntarily provided PII through email, registration forms, the best way to access or control this information is to visit Our applicable Site to update Your online profile, change Your password. If You have a user name or password associated with an account, You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your user name and password.
US Residents. If You have a subscription or account with Us where You voluntarily provided PII through email, registration forms, or other contact forms request, the best way to update Your subscription or account information is to visit Our applicable Site to update Your online profile or change Your password. You also can request that We provide You a summary of PII we maintain in connection with Your account. Upon your request, if we have any of this PII, we will update or correct that information. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
California Residents. California Civil Code Section 1798.83, known as the “Shine the Light” law, permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once annually, free of charge, information about PII (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of PII that was shared and the names and addresses of third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. We do not respond to web browser Do Not Track signals at this time.
Users accessing from the European Union. You have the right to request that We confirm what PII we collect or hold about You, provide a copy of Your PII to You in a machine-readable format and to ask us to correct or update the PII. You also have the right to ask us to delete Your PII that we hold, in accordance with applicable law. However, the deletion of the PII may impact Your access, use and ability to use features on Our Sites.
Resources & Further Information
Data Protection Act 1998
Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations
Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 Guide